On Sunday, November 17th, 2019 after the Worship service, the kids made Advent Wreaths for the upcoming holiday season.
Ginger Davis, Co-founder of A Bed 4 Me Foundation provided a presentation relating to the need for beds for children in the local community. She stressed the importance of a child having their own space and how it improves their education and life.
During the past 2 months, our Youth Group under the guidance of the Christian Education (CE) Committee along with the Witness & Outreach Committee organized a sheet & bedding drive for a Bed 4 Me Foundation. They were presented with over 50 bedding sets collected from members of The First Presbyterian Church FWB.
The Joy Circle of First Presbyterian Church, Ft. Walton Beach, will hold a SERRV Mini Market on Sundays in December. The market will be open on December 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd, from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Room 10 of the Christian Education (CE) building. The Church is located at 134 Beak Parkway SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548.
SERRV products are traditional and unique handmade crafts from around the world, including Christmas ornaments and nativities, foods, decorator items, baskets, jewelry, and more. These are fairly traded items and your purchase will directly benefit the artisans who created them. Proceeds from the sale also support charities worldwide.
- Worship with The Lord’s Supper
- Collection of Non-Perishable Food Items for Sharing and Caring Food Bank
Joy Circle Meets at 9:45 a.m.
1st Tuesday / Thursday (September – May):
- Presbyterian Women’s (PW) Circles (see calender for specific times and meeting places)
- Bible Study for 2019-2020: “Love Carved in Stone: A Fresh Look at the Ten Commandments” by Rev. Eugenia Gamble
- Fellowship Committee meets from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Shalom meets from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
PW Birthday Luncheon: Monthly birthday’s are celebrated together at different local restaurants
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Sunday School for all ages (Christian Education Building “F1”)
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Adult Choir Practice (Holbrook Hall “H2,3”)
- 10:00 a.m. – Worship (Sanctuary “S1)
- 11:15 a.m. – Friendship Time with light refreshments (“F1,2”)
- 9:00 a.m. – Cookie Bakers (Kitchen, “F2”)
- 1:00 p.m.– Prayer Group (Parlor, “F2”)
7:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast (Neighborhood Cafe)
What’s Coming Soon!
- Sundays in December (1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd) from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Room 10 of the Christian Education (CE) building – SERRV Mini Market
The “Willing Wall” is located at the rear entrance of the Sanctuary. It provides an opportunity for those interested in particular activities in the Church to sign-up if they are “willing” to participate!