SAVE THE DATE!!!

75th ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
SUNDAY, MARCH 19, 2017

The seeds for First Presbyterian Church were planted by a group of visionary Protestants who were gathering for worship in a school house and in private homes. In 1934, those Protestant pioneers took a leap of faith. With help and financial assistance from members of the community and with donations from summer visitors, property was purchased on the southeast corner of Beal and First Streets. It was there that they built the non-denominational Grace Community Chapel, where the Salvation Army is located today. Services were held regularly and were shared by the participating denominations.The Presbyterians yearned for a home of their own. On March 20, 1942, a commission appointed by the Presbytery of Florida met at the chapel to organize a Presbyterian Church in Fort Walton.

To submit ideas or donations for the celebration contact:
Fred and Mayrelizbeth Pryor, Chairpersons
850-243-4907
mel20@cox.net

website design by revive media services