The Presbyterian Women (PW) had their monthly luncheon today at Bay Cafe in Fort Walton Beach (FWB). Everyone was in the spirit of the season by wearing ghoulish hats provided by Barbara Blackburn.
We become a praying church when each and every member makes a personal commitment to make daily prayer a part of their lives. Please click on the below link for more information:
Join us on Wednesday’s from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. beginning September 11th, 2019 until October 16th, 2019
In this wise, entertaining, and educational book, Amy-Jill Levine offers a fresh, timely reinterpretation of Jesus’ narratives. She analyzes the “problems with parables”, taking readers back in time to understand how their original Jewish audience understood them. Levine reveals the parables’ connections to first-century economic and agricultural life, social customs and morality, Jewish scriptures and Roman culture. With this revitalized understanding, she interprets these moving stories for the contemporary reader, showing how the parables are not just about Jesus, but are also about us – and when read rightly, still challenge and provoke us two thousand years later.
Join us on Saturday, October 26th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. for our “Trunk or Treat” event! We will be set up in the parking lot on First Street. Our vehicles will be decorated and we will be passing out candy! We hope to see you there! 👻🎃
- Worship with The Lord’s Supper
- Collection of Non-Perishable Food Items for Sharing and Caring Food Bank
Joy Circle Meets at 9:45 a.m.
1st Tuesday / Thursday (September – May):
- Presbyterian Women’s (PW) Circles (see calender for specific times and meeting places)
- Bible Study for 2019-2020: “Love Carved in Stone: A Fresh Look at the Ten Commandments” by Rev. Eugenia Gamble
- Fellowship Committee meets from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Shalom meets from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
PW Birthday Luncheon: Monthly birthday’s are celebrated together at different local restaurants
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Sunday School for all ages (Christian Education Building “F1”)
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Adult Choir Practice (Holbrook Hall “H2,3”)
- 10:00 a.m. – Worship (Sanctuary “S1)
- 11:15 a.m. – Friendship Time with light refreshments (“F1,2”)
- 9:00 a.m. – Cookie Bakers (Kitchen, “F2”)
- 1:00 p.m.– Prayer Group (Parlor, “F2”)
7:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast (Neighborhood Cafe)
What’s Coming Soon!
- Wednesday’s from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: New Bible Study – Short Stories by Jesus
- Saturday, October 26th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Neighborhood Trunk or Treat
The “Willing Wall” is located at the rear entrance of the Sanctuary. It provides an opportunity for those interested in particular activities in the Church to sign-up if they are “willing” to participate!