“These Days” devotional books are available in the office. Stop by to pick up a booklet! (first come, first served)
Please click on the below link to download “The Irish ‘Pay It Forward’ to the Navajo and Hopi“ from The Wired Word for the week of May 31, 2020:
Recent Requests: Al Eakle, Doris Williamson, Jeff & Sandi Taylor, Jennifer Pruitt, Laura Asher, Jennifer Cross, JoAnne Hardy, Stephanie Shaw, Marsha Dale, Terry Mitchell, Clark Petteway, Garrett Carter, Irene Hoff, and Jett Brister
Ongoing: Fred Rhinehardt, Harry & Joyce Boyd, Chad & Lyn Bark, The Millers, Theresa Davis, Julia Weatherbee, Emily Woods, Nathaniel and Audrey Moran, South Africa, Porch de Salomon, Morgan Family, Helen Seagrave, Lu and Tom Dunnivan, Gene Carroll, Mike Sorrells, Leon Haynes, Kathy Nino, Shelley Jackson, Tammy McGovern, Ann Green, Marta Breaux, Kari Weldon, and Bruce McNellie
Please continue to give tithes and offerings. There is still a need to keep facilities running, bills paid, and staff compensation as they work from home and the Church Office.
We encourage everyone to give using the online giving option. To learn more about online giving please click on the Give Now from the above menu or by clicking on the the following link: Give Now
The new year brings new opportunities for growth in our faith and our faithfulness. I invite everyone to select a plan for daily time with scripture, meditation, and the Lord. Below are some suggestions to help get you started.
- If necessary, start slowly; perhaps only 5 minutes of meditation and prayer each day. Increase time as you are able.
- It helps to set aside a specific time each day so that you develop a rhythm within your daily schedule.
- You may want to partner with someone so you will have support and a conversation partner during the year.
- It may be helpful to follow a written plan or book of devotionals. There are many from which to choose, both in print and on the internet.
- The important thing is to begin!
This year, I will be using “Gift and Task” by Walter Brueggemann. His book includes both scripture and reflections: “to enter the truly free and awe-filled relationship with God” (from The Rt. Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, 26th Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church)
Other suggestions for daily devotional use:
- Daily Prayer from the Book of Common Worship – App available for smart phones through pc(usa).org.
- “Jesus Calling” and other books by Sarah Young
- “Listening to Your Life” by Frederick Buechner
May we all seek God’s face with 20/20 vision of His will for our lives each day!
Rev. Sharon Schuler
- Worship with The Lord’s Supper
- Collection of Non-Perishable Food Items for Sharing and Caring Food Bank
Joy Circle Meets at 9:45 a.m.
1st Tuesday / Thursday (September – May):
- Presbyterian Women’s (PW) Circles (see calender for specific times and meeting places)
- Bible Study for 2019-2020: “Love Carved in Stone: A Fresh Look at the Ten Commandments” by Rev. Eugenia Gamble
- Fellowship Committee meets from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Shalom meets from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
PW Birthday Luncheon: Monthly birthday’s are celebrated together at different local restaurants
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Sunday School for all ages (Christian Education Building “F1”)
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Adult Choir Practice (Holbrook Hall “H2,3”)
- 10:00 a.m. – Worship (Sanctuary “S1)
- 11:15 a.m. – Friendship Time with light refreshments (“F1,2”)
- 9:00 a.m. – Cookie Bakers (Kitchen, “F2”)
- 1:00 p.m.– Prayer Group (Parlor, “F2”)
- 2:00 p.m. – Bible Study: Nooma is a series of short films featuring best selling author, Rob Bell. God is doing something right here, right now and you can be a part of it. Come search, question, and join the discussion (Christian Education (CE), Room 2)
7:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast (Neighborhood Cafe)
What’s Coming Soon!
- Stay Tuned for Upcoming Events!
The “Willing Wall” is located at the rear entrance of the Sanctuary. It provides an opportunity for those interested in particular activities in the Church to sign-up if they are “willing” to participate!