Sharing & Caring of Okaloosa County, Inc. supplies run low at this time of year, so we are giving a little extra help by collecting EVERY Sunday in July. Specific needs are: Diapers (sizes 4, 5, & 6), grits, and canned soup. Your donations are a blessing to families in need so let’s overflow the shopping cart!
Please join us for a Rummage Sale on Saturday, August 10th from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We are accepting items now (anything except clothes). Bring unwanted items to the CE building, room 6. Proceeds will be donated to Presbyterian Disaster Relief. Contact Barbara Blackburn, (850) 598-7269, if you would like to help. 💵💰💸
The bells ring out 3 times daily in the village of Taizé, France calling people from many countries to scripture, song, and silent meditation. Join us next Sunday, July 28th to share the mystery of God’s presence in a unique way! ✝️🙏🏼
Pastor Sharon Schuler shares a precious moment with the children during Worship Service on Sunday, July 14th, 2019.
- Worship with The Lord’s Supper
- Collection of Non-Perishable Food Items for Sharing and Caring Food Bank
1st Tuesday / Thursday (September – May):
- Presbyterian Women’s (PW) Circles (see calender for specific times and meeting places)
- Bible Study for 2019-2020: “Love Carved in Stone: A Fresh Look at the Ten Commandments” by Rev. Eugenia Gamble
PW Birthday Luncheon: Monthly birthday’s are celebrated together at different local restaurants
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Sunday School for all ages (Christian Education Building “F1”)
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. – Adult Choir Practice (Holbrook Hall “H2,3”)
- 10:00 a.m. – Worship (Sanctuary “S1)
- 11:15 a.m. – Friendship Time with light refreshments (“F1,2”)
- 9:00 a.m. – Cookie Bakers (Kitchen, “F2”)
- 1:00 p.m.– Prayer Group (Parlor, “F2”)
7:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast (Neighborhood Cafe)
What’s Coming Soon!
- Month of July: Weekly Collection of Non-Perishable Food Items for Sharing and Caring Food Bank
- On Sunday, July 21st : Sermon Series on Prayer – Rev. Schuler (Sanctuary “S1”)
- July 28th, 2019 (Sunday): Taize’ Worship Service – Led by Elder John Drain (Sanctuary “S1”)
- August 10th, 2019 (Saturday) 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: HUGE Rummage Sale (Fellowship Hall “F2”) Benefits support Presbyterian Disaster Assistance in responding to needs from hurricane damage.
- August 25th, 2019 (Sunday) 3:00 p.m – 5:00 p.m.: Ice Cream Social and Hymn Sing (Fellowship Hall “F2”) Blood Drive (sign up on the Willing Wall*)
The “Willing Wall” is located at the rear entrance of the Sanctuary. It provides an opportunity for those interested in particular activities in the Church to sign-up if they are “willing” to participate!
Look at the summer Bible Study schedule. It’s exciting to have our Elders facilitate the studies. Each week is an opportunity to engage a different topic. Plan to attend, it will be a blessing to you and to our elders!
- July 18th, 2019 (Thursday) 2:00 p.m. “Public Education: A Right or a Privilege” – Paula Register
- July 24th, 2019 (Wednesday) 2:00 p.m. “Gratitude as a Spiritual Discipline” – Chris Rollins
- August 1st, 2019 (Thursday) 6:00 p.m. “What Would You Do with a Million Dollars?” – Jim March
- August 7th, 2019 (Wednesday) 2:00 p.m. “Finding God in Times of Tragedy” – Susan Cook
- August 14th, 2019 (Wednesday) 6:00 p.m. “Writing As Prayer” – Mark Burson
- August 20th, 2019 (Tuesday) 2:00 p.m. “Does Science Conflict with Religion” – Mayrelizbeth Pryor
- August 28th, 2019 (Wednesday) 6:00 p.m. “Meet George Washington” – Steve Cahoon